Facebook Badge

Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!




Happy Valentine's Day to all of my Friends!!!

I am recovering from chemo and feeling much better today. It was the first day that I ate two actual meals instead of just fruit or saltines, etc. So, I think I'm getting there. Bill called from work on Friday to see how I was doing and I told him I feel like I'm OK, and I'll just "fake it until I make it!"

Bill and I had a lovely experience on Friday evening. Because of the generosity of a friend who felt we needed some TLC, we ended up at the Holiday Inn in Simi Valley for the night with a romantic valentine's package. We had a room with a jacuzzi in it and got to spend the evening and this Valentine's morning as a couple relaxing and unwinding. Judi took Nate and Isaac ate her house, and Annie spent the night at our house with Cam and Molly. So, not only were the kids well-cared for, but they had a lot of fun, too!

We got home around 1:30, and spent the day around the house puttering. Bill and the kids worked on cleaning out the garage, and I worked in the house with Annie. We just ate dinner, and I'm doing laundry while the kids take baths/showers. Bill is putting a new dresser is Molly's room and switching TVs around so she's excited but will have some reorganizing to do later.

I'll try to write more tomorrow. We have a long weekend. Bill and the public-schoolers (Cam and Molly) are off on Monday for President's Day, so I think we'll all take the day off and veg out!!! The kids have been saying we haven't been to the park for a while! So, if the weather cooperates, we may try that!

Much Love,
Michele
P.S. -- Those are pictures of me on Monday at chemo. I was about to be hooked up to IV. I have gone from hot all the time to freezing all the time. I was very cold. The nurses were so nice -- they even brought me hot packs to hold in my hands because I was shaking so badly.

No comments: