Facebook Badge

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH CAMERON ...

Hi Friends!

I finally fell asleep last night by 3 a.m. I didn't even hear Cam and Bill leave for work and school this morning. But I did wake up on-schedule for homeschooling by 9 a.m.

We started today with a movie and then a trip to the park to get our energy out! I had a lot of energy myself -- so maybe it was for me? -- and did some laps around the park while the kids played. And I surprised the kids by riding Nate's bike home. They thought it was just hilarious that I could ride a kid's bike. I did get a few odd looks from my new neighbors :-0 Oh Well!!!

We came home and continued our schooling, and the day seemed to go rather uneventfully! But in a good way! Everyone did a lot of reading today, and that's always my favorite. Molly, in particular, has some great literature selections, so I get to live vicariously through her.

I was doing pretty well with no crying -- until Bill got stuck at work, leaving Cameron stranded at school for almost an hour. I didn't do well with that, and I had no way to pick Cam up. Luckily, Mom was more traumatized than Cameron! And he did finally make it home.

I spent this evening working in the living room, which is in desperate need of clean-up, organizing, etc. I am hoping to hire a housecleaner this week, but I will need to at least clear a path for her! I ended up ordering pizza for dinner, because Bill had to go to Simi for a Scout meeting. It seems Cam is able to quit Scouts, but Bill can't quit until December when his replacement for Committee Chair takes over. He's only going to one meeting a month, but still it seems ridiculous to me! Anyway, Bill was going to make Cam go to one last meeting today -- because it was Court of Honor and he was getting his last awards/badges. But Cameron really didn't want to go, so I vetoed it, making his day and even scoring a hug from my non-affectionate teenager!

In another crying jag, it seems Cam started "Tuesdays with Morrie" in his Film Adaptation class today. He had me crying like a baby at dinner tonight as we were discussing life and death. So, I told him that I titled my blog for the day in his honor. Poor child -- he'll be really glad when I stop randomly crying!

Other than that -- same old stuff is going on here. I've already taken my Ambien for the night in hopes of falling to sleep before 3 a.m. tonight. Wish me luck!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: