Facebook Badge

Saturday, September 19, 2009

SUPER SATURDAY!!!

Hi Friends,

I am feeling really good today. Bill is working on some unpacking and organizing. The kids are all happy and doing their own things. I am going to work a little bit around the house today. Nate and Isaac need some help tidying up their enormous room. And I started doing laundry last night, but I ended up tired and quitting in the middle. So, hopefully I can get caught up on laundry today.

Bill and I slept in -- although he was up before me. After I got up, we ran a few errands. We needed to go to Bank of America and close our accounts there, because we now use USAA for all of our banking. Since the Bank of America accounts were joint, it required both of us driving there together to do it. So, we left the kids at home, and we had a nice little date! He also took me over to where the Public Library is. It's really close, but it looks really small. I'll check it out with the kids this week. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm looking forward to driving again and exploring our new area.

And although Annie had found me the nearest 7-11, Bill was on a quest to show me that other closer gas stations/convenience stores have good fountain drinks. So, we stopped at a nearby Circle K to check out his theory. I'm partially convinced -- It's not as good as the 7-11 Big Gulp -- not as many flavors to choose from. But I was able to put some lemon slurpee at the bottom of my large Diet Coke. It turned out pretty well, and I have to say the store was clean and products cheaper than at 7-11. It's right around the corner from our new house, so I MAY start to frequent it. We'll see!

I need to sign off and do my weekly meds. Bill must feel my mind has come back, because I'm now allowed to do the weekly med containers for me, Nate, and Cam. I'm sure he's relieved to get at least one thing off his plate.

The temperature is beautiful here in Oxnard -- In the 70s at the warmest part of the day and an ocean breeze all the time. Last night we even had the fireplace going. I miss all my friends from Simi, but I don't miss the Simi Valley weather. In Simi Valley, this is the hottest part of the year. Temperatures are so hot and it's like living in a dust bowl! Not a great place for someone with hot flashes and who's supposed to stay out of the sun.

I'll blog again soon. Tomorrow we are going to brave the Simi heat and drive into our old church at Simi Prez (oops, I mean Stonebridge -- forgot about the name change :-) for service. Maybe we'll see some of you there. I think we're aiming for the 11 a.m. service.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: