Facebook Badge

Friday, September 18, 2009

FAMILY FRIDAY ...

Hi Friends,

I never got around to blogging yesterday, as I had a very upset stomach. I'm not sure what's going on -- whether it's flu-like, ulcer-like, or what? But I stopped taking some of the meds that are hard on my stomach today -- namely Naproxen, which I was taking for pain. Not so necessary anymore and my stomach seems to be feeling better. I had a slight fever this morning. That's actually a good sign for me as it means my immune system is coming back from the chemo. When I had pneumonia, my temp was 97, because I was so severely immune-compromised. My body couldn't fight anything off on its own (except me and my own VIP organs).

Anyway, I was up really late last night with the stomach problems and puking. So, I took it easy today. Bill was home as it's his day off, so he worked with the kids. And then we all watched the first Left Behind movie together and compared it to the Book of Revelation and other references in the Bible. It was really cool!

This afternoon after a bit more schoolwork, Bill dropped Molly, Isaac, and I off at Smart and Final to do some grocery shopping. He and Nate went to pick up Cameron from school, and then they all met up with us to finish up at the grocery store. It's been a LONG time since I've taken the entire family with me grocery shopping. And it was really quite fun! We had a good time with it.

After getting home, we unloaded groceries, did some chores, and then Bill took Nate and Isaac out to spend their allowance. Nate bought a video game, and Isaac didn't find anything, so he's saving his money for DisneyLand on Nate's birthday (Oct. 2nd). They got home and Bill made supper -- we had pizza and mozarella sticks.

Other news -- we had a major ant invasion in our kitchen today. I spent a lot of time eradicating the poor ant colony and trying to keep Itty Bitty Kitty out of the ant poison. There were a few ants when we moved in, but I think my family (with 4 messy and always hungry kids) was an ant colony's dream. Hopefully, the ant traps and poison work, because I don't like ants under my kitchen sink.

Right now I have the fireplace going, the kids are watching TV, and Bill is installing a ceiling fan in the living room. The landlords provided two for us when we moved in, and Bill had not had a chance to install them yet.

This weekend Bill is going to Simi Valley to treat the pool with chemicals. Just talked with Judi and it had turned really green because we had the electricity turned off. We also have 2 large items ( a jacuzzi and a desk) that need to be hauled to the dump. And lucky us, this weekend brings Simi's "Free Dump Day." The buyer had a few glitches with his financing, and he basically came up $4,000 short. But we've been assured that he will finalize the closing in the next week. We value the time spent in the Simi house and friends made there, but we're anxious to close that chapter in our lives. And it just seems to be dragging on. I mean really, we've been out of our old house and into this one as of the 1st. We definitely could've throttled back had we known the closing would take SO long.

Other than that, I don't have any big plans for the weekend. Just hanging out with the kids!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: