Facebook Badge

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CAN'T SLEEP...

Hi Friends,

I hope you liked the blog with Nate and Isaac's "fish stories" from earlier. The pictures are cute, aren't they?

I'm up and apparently still on the steroid roller coaster. I cannot fall asleep even though I've taken an Ambien -- which is a sleeping pill. Maybe I won't remember this in the morning. Ambien is the drug that they warn about sleep-walking, sleep-driving, etc. while you're on it. I've never done those type of things. But I have done sleep-laundry and talked on the phone while on Ambien before. Then later you have no memory of it. So, best case scenario -- I'm really asleep right now and just sleep-typing. Highly unlikely, though?!

So, today had its ups and downs. We're adjusting to being back in the schooling routine. Surprisingly, Molly and Nate are very cooperative, but Isaac was a little spitfire today! And I didn't have much energy to deal with him. I think it turned out OK though, and Nate gave me a peptalk -- told me that Isaac was very "challenging" and "just needs to get with the routine." Molly's books came today -- Thank God!

Other than that, I just randomly cry while coming off the steroids. I cried because Bill went to get a haircut at SuperCuts and that made me miss Shirlene who usually cuts everyone's hair. I also cried when Bill brought me Diet Dr. Pepper. And then when I found out Patrick Swayze died -- Well, you would have thought he was my best friend! I cried and cried! Everything is just so EMOTIONAL when you're super-charged on steroids!

But good news -- no headache or joint pain at all. So, the steroid therapy worked as it should. And I even lost 5 more pounds rather than gaining weight in steroid hunger, because I was afraid to eat anything but veggies due to my diabetes. I have gotten really puffy -- my neck and face were swollen and hurting due to the high dosage, but Bill said I look better today. Wait a minute -- He probably is just trying to keep me from crying anymore than I already was. Smart Man!

Cam had a ton of homework tonight. But he really plugged in and worked on it from 4-7p.m., getting it all done. He's very animated about his film adaptation, pscyhology, and marine biology classes. And I was so proud, because he shared this with me after doing 30 definitions for history -- "I know the other kids can do it faster, but I wouldn't say that makes them smarter than me ... it just takes me more time." I heartily agreed. It has always been my dream that he would be excited about learning and just embrace his autism as part of the way God made him.

Thank God for the little things...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: