Facebook Badge

Monday, May 24, 2010

I FELL DOWN, BUT I'M BACK UP AGAIN...

Hi Friends,

I've been through a bump in the road of life this month. I'm going to be easy on myself and say that my mood was caused by all the treatment and pain and didn't reflect a negative attitude toward life in general:-) I've decided I was just dealing with my life by grieving, and I'm OK with that. After all, grieving helps you to adjust and leave the sadness behind as you move forward. I needed to nurse my wounds and deal with my loss of health and function, my normal energy, my own "thwarted" plans and dreams, lack of time, privacy, friends, etc. I'm not whining...just explaining!

But I think that season is coming to an end for me(at least for now). I woke up today, and I was glad for Monday and the promise of a new week. Am I physically feeling better? Maybe not, but I'm at least over the flu, out of the hospital, and we've beat the lupus back, so that's it's not life-threatening right now. NOW is all I am going to think about and focus on. Now is what I have and it's a gift from God. I never really had control over my life in the first place. That was just an illusion, which I was blessed (in my own special way) to have shattered with illness. Because when we live our lives according to God's plan and control rather than fighting it --life tends to go better.

God always brings good from the bad. For example, Bill just commented last night how glad he was that "you have so much time to pray." That's something you can do while spending so much time in bed:-) In that spirit, I am going to focus on what I can do this week, not what I can't do...what I have, not what I don't. I'm just on the journey...no sorrows or worries about falling down (I'm human), but I'm back up again...

Happy Monday!!!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: