Facebook Badge

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

HOPE...

"And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

Hi Friends!

I'm snuggling in my bed with Nate and Isaac watching a documentary on ocean life. And I'm thinking about hope. I strive to live my life on purpose or in other words, to purposely live my life. I couldn't do that without my faith in God, because that's what gives me hope. And without hope and faith, I wouldn't have the strength needed to put one foot in front of the other in the midst of suffering. Because I believe, however, I can not only endure, but "boast" in my suffering, which will in turn produce endurance, character and more hope. What a blessing!

After I finish writing this, I will go and make some french toast for "brunch." Then we'll have a day of learning and doing. I have great kids! Isaac is working really hard on his reading, Nate is really into his Eragon books and ancient times, and Molly is learning about fashion design, animals, and reading the Little House books.

I am SLOWLY (not a word that comes easily to me) sorting and organizing things in our house. This rental house was meant to be temporary while we closed on the land, so we're not sure if we'll stay here when our lease is up in September. We may decide to move closer to Cam/Mol's high school while we continue to build. In which case, I don't want to be moving outgrown clothes and a bunch of clutter -- so that's why I'm trying to get back into organization. And if we decide to stay here -- it doesn't hurt to be a little bit tidier:-)

Besides that I'm working on wash and hoping to have enough energy to make it to Bible study at church tonight. One thing that's hard about illness is the isolation from other people, and I haven't been to church for a while. My health and energy level are slowly coming back after the chemotherapy. While I am thankful for Rituxan (as it continues to save my life time after time), it's definitely a hard road!

Have a great day...and remember...where there's life, there's hope:-)

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: