Facebook Badge

Sunday, April 11, 2010

LAST POST BEFORE PORT SURGERY...

Hi Friends!

This will be short, but I know some of you still follow this instead of FB. Shirlene is coming today and will take me to Los Robles Hospital for the port surgery tomorrow morning. We have to be there at 7:45 for pre-op, surgery itself is at 9 a.m. and should take about an hour. Then they'll watch me for an hour and if all goes well I will be going home around 11 a.m.

Bill cancelled his work travel for the week. He found a nice (and qualified) co-worker/friend who was willing to do it for him after hearing my sob-story. They're at work right now passing on the details. I'm glad that Bill will be here, as I'm supposed to do chemo ASAP after having the port put in. We have decided that Shirlene will still take me to the hospital, though. Then Bill can work from home and watch the kids.

Other than that...life goes on. I'm feeling anxious about the week ahead...had to take some Xanax to calm my nerves. Will be glad when it's all over.

Now...off to take a bath and do a few things before Bill gets back from work, and sends me back to bed:-)

More tomorrow...good news, I hope...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: