Facebook Badge

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Steroids/ Chemo Treatment #3, Day 3


Hello Friends!
This will be short as it's been a long day!
Last night I had some steroid visions/hearing voices when I tried to go to bed. I lay down to go to bed, and even though all my children were asleep -- I swore I could hear them all fighting loudly. I could hear Annie telling them to calm down. So, I felt the need to go investigate. At that point, I realized that it was 11:00p.m, and all my steroid-filled brain playing tricks on me. So, I took a Xanax and a sleeping pill, and I managed to fall asleep until 6 a.m. when it was time to get up with the kids for school.

The kids and Bill went to school and work, and Annie and I left for the oncologist's office at 8:15 a.m. We spent most of the day there. I actually managed to get a cat-nap while doing chemo, and I woke up drooling all over myself. I felt better, though. The chemo office is very nice with recliners that you can lay back in, so that is nice.

This afternoon, we stopped at AppleBee's for some comfort food, and my doctor OK'd me to have a margarita. So, that was enjoyable for me. We got our Big Gulps on the way home, and made it home in time to take delivery of the kids from school.

Today was Nate and Isaac's last day of school before Thanksgiving. Tomorrow and Friday Grace Brethren has parent-teacher conferences. And they're off all next week. So, Nate and Isaac both had Thanksgiving feasts at school today. My good friend, Judi Malone, went and played surrogate-Mom for them since I had to be at chemo. I was so happy that she was able to go and be there with them!

So, luckily, we didn't have homework for Nate and Isaac tonight, and they brought home all kinds of Thanksgiving decorations for my room to cheer me up. I spend a lot of time resting in my bedroom lately!

Cam and Molly got their homework done, and the Turk's (from our small group) brought our family dinner. It was great, especially Lilianne's famous brownies, which were still warm.

Currently Bill is at his Men's Group for church, and Annie was nice enough to find a sub to take her Catechism class at church tonight. That way she could stay with me and the kids. I am not too nauseous yet, but feeling very weak and tired -- so I will sign off now.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: