Facebook Badge

Saturday, November 29, 2008

ANOTHER GOOD DAY!! 11/29/08



Hi Friends!

I am having another good day. I am enjoying a symptom-free day from lupus and I'm loving it! I am excited because tomorrow I will get back to church after missing the last 2 weekends due to chemo and its side effects.

Today, I slept until 10:30. The kids and Bill got up earlier and we had a lazy morning. Then at about noon, Nate and I went on a special outing. He has a President's project due for Social Studies and he wanted to do it on Ronald Reagan. Since the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library is here in Simi Valley, it made sense to go and do our research there.

We left at noon and stopped at Carl's Jr. for lunch. Nate is a big fan of the Double Western Cheeseburger and chili fries. And he can pack it away for someone so small! We had a nice lunch together and spent some time just talking.

Then we headed to the Library. Thank goodness for my handicapped placard, because the place was packed and they were shuttling people in on vans! But I was able to get a handicapped spot close to the entrance. And Nate and I spent several hours in the library doing his research. Then we drove back to Carl's Jr, got milkshakes, and spent the next hour there doing his rough draft, which is due on Monday. It was nice because there were no other kids there to distract him, and he worked really hard. I was proud of him!

We got back home around 5 p.m. Bill is at the "motorcycle store," according to the kids. For those of you who don't know -- he has a Harley. Molly said that she, Isaac, and Dad biked to Sycamore Park and played there while we were gone. So, sounds like they had a fun day, too! And Cameron said he "enjoyed the time alone."

Now, we're going to eat dinner -- some Thanksgiving left-overs. And then, we'll watch Ghostbusters 2.

Have a great night!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: