Facebook Badge

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A NEW KIND OF "NORMAL"



Hi Friends!

Sorry, I missed yesterday. But I am slowly starting to feel more "normal" after my last round of chemo. At least, I am out of my PJs and have started to resume my routine at home. Isaac and Nate are off of school this week, and Cameron and Molly will be off for Thanksgiving after today.

Yesterday was Linda's funeral. She was Bill's coworker's (Scott) girlfriend. She was born in 1961, so she was only a few years older than me, and she died suddenly and unexpectedly in her sleep of pneumonia. I really feel in touch with my own mortalitiy these days. It seems like there are so many young people leaving this earth all around me. Bill went to the funeral yesterday, but I wasn't up for it. Tomorrow I will go and have my bloodwork done at Dr. Menco's. If everything comes back good, I will get the all-clear to leave my "bubble."

Other than that, I've just been puttering around the house -- very slowly. It was a bit trashed after my week off. It's OK -- makes me feel needed. Bill keeps telling me to knock off the cleaning, but I can't help myself. It's probably the steroids -- which tend to make me more obsessive than I need to be. I still feel like I've been sucked into an alternate reality. Like my life has come to a screeching halt, and everyone around me is moving at hyper speed. It's very odd!

Bill has Nate at a doctor's appointment now. Annie is picking up Cam and Molly, and then they're going to bring us all Jamba Juice. Brandon is hanging out with us today, so he is currently entertaining Isaac on PS2.

I'll write again tomorrow.
Love,
Michele

P.S. A few months ago, someone anonymously sent us pretzels in the mail for the kids. Anyone want to confess? Thank you to whomever?

No comments: