Facebook Badge

Thursday, November 18, 2010

TODAY...

Hi Friends,

I have no energy -- but I have promised to blog, so here is the summarized version.

Yesterday...

Saw Dr. Modlinger, the cardiologist -- had more heart testing and was hooked up to an "event monitor" -- press the button every time you have chest pain and then the cardiologist checks to see what your heart is doing at the time. Had a lot of chest pain today -- so I can send the event monitor back to Thousand Oaks tomorrow. The thought is that my high blood pressure/rapid heart rate is just a response to the extreme lupus pain -- but we'll see.

Saw Dr. Cohen, the rheumatologist -- who thought I looked awful (Thanks:-) and said I'm still in a major flare. We already did 2 doses of IV solumedrol, but he ordered a third and higher dose, a 3-day course to start today. Thankfully, it can be given at home via the home nurses. Also, I was to stick with the original plan of doing round #2 of Rituxan (chemo) at the hospital today. But it will take 6-8 weeks to get full relief from the chemo. So for now, I started back on Dilaudid plus the Fentanyl pain patch for pain relief. Bye bye percocet:-( You're not strong enough for my swollen brain pain.

Today...

Got up and sent the kids off to school by 8 a.m. Then left for Los Robles with Annie for chemo.

Rituxan chemotheraphy from 10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
drove home from Thousand Oaks
2:30 p.m. -- met my home nurse Mary at my house for IV Solumedrol and port care
after about an hour of treatment, Mary left...and I went to sleep,
woke up in pain -- took pain meds, ate Little Caesar's Pizza for dinner,
looked at the picture of the beige truck Bill and Isaac just bought to replace our Expedition.

And now back to bed for the night, I hope...Mary is coming back at 9 a.m. to do Day #2 of steroids...Hurray:-)

I blogged...good job for me:-) I am SuperMom, which makes sense since I am married to SuperMan.

Love, Shel

No comments: